Is something bothering you? There's definitely something that's bothering me. This is my beef, what's yours?

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Getting older...

I know that every day that goes by we get another day older. That's a technicality. But sometimes I feel that when certain days pass, I get several years older. The way I'm feeling right now, I'd have to say I'm in my mid-to late seventies. I oughta know what that looks like, I work with old people. To tell you the truth, some of them act younger than I do. They don't seem to complain as much and (at least today) they move faster than me.
In all fairness, I wore a pair of shoes today that are meant to be worn by someone who is planning on sitting for the majority of the day. I stand on my feet for 8+ hours a day. Not a great move on my part. I could have sworn I was going to die from the pain. Ok, not die, that's a little extreme, maybe pass out. Ok, not pass out, but cry. All right, all right, not cry, wimper. Yeah, that's it, wimper. At the end of the day, I hobbled to my car and took these devil shoes off to find two blisters and what appears to be bruises on the balls of my feet. Shoes aren't supposed to do that! Perhaps I should look into filing a lawsuit againt the shoe makers. Or just write a stern letter. They'd probably write back and tell me that if I don't like their shoes I should look into buying something in the orthopedic line. Orthopedics aren't stylish! Well, some easy spirits are nice but as a whole they just don't cut it. I guess I'm bound to wearing uncomfortable shoes in order to stay at the height of fashion. *sigh* Sometimes life just isn't fair.

3 Comments:

Blogger KristenMay said...

I feel your pain my dear fellow blogger. I too have had foot pain due to wearing uncomfortable shoes (pre-unemployment) but shoes can be so damn cute. Before you rush into those nurse shoes you may want to check out Naturalizer or even Nine West. And maybe if word gets out that I am promoting them they will send me free shoes. Oh a girl can dream!

10:58 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

DID I HEAR RIGHT??? Well you're solutions really don't solve anything, but I love reading your comments. Gym shoes? Honestly!

8:29 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

Christine really was a nurse...what was she thinking with those shoes? They were probably really comfy though. Maybe I'll try them.

9:23 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home