Is something bothering you? There's definitely something that's bothering me. This is my beef, what's yours?

Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Dressing up

Why is it that, when you dress slightly nicer than the norm, people give you huge compliments? I mean, do I look like shit every other day out of the year? I know that I personally am not the most schnazzy dresser in the world, but I don't think I look that bad. Do I? Maybe I do and people are to polite to tell me I look like ass. I just find it funny that when I do dree up, people are like "wow you look great! Have you lost weight?" "Actually yes I have, just by putting on this outfit, I've dropped 50 pounds."
I guess I should just be happy to recieve a compliment. But I always want to know if these people have ulterior motives. I should just start trusting people when they say I look good. Maybe I do look good. Instead of thanking someone for the compliment, I should just say "I know, don't I look great." That's exactly what I'm going to do. Thanks for the ego boost!

5 Comments:

Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

That's just mean.

9:48 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

You got me there!

9:52 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

It's a little hazy. I do remember that we had to walk on planks just to get to the ladder. If we stepped anywhere else we would have fallen through the ceiling. Honestly, what were we thinking?

9:58 PM

 
Blogger KristenMay said...

Well, it is definitely worse when someone tells you you look tired or like shit.
But it also goes to show you that sometimes you got to work it to get it!

10:49 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

That's the truth my friend!

11:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home