Is something bothering you? There's definitely something that's bothering me. This is my beef, what's yours?

Thursday, August 04, 2005

Construction

If there's one thing that can annoy me in the car, it's construction. I have a few things to say about this topic. I know that contruction workers are trying to repair the road and make it better for you and and me, but damn! Do they have to work on every road at the same time? Just about all of the east-west roads on my way to work are under construction at one point or another. We're talking like four roads here people! I've taken a different route this week because I'm house sitting and as of this morning, they started tearing this new road up. There were three different points in my trip where I was delayed by contruction traffic, my favorite being the last one.
I pulled up to an intersection about five minutes before I had to be at work and all the cars in front of me started getting over to the right lane. It wasn't until the soccer mom (I don't use that term lightly, she actually had a soccer sticker in her window) in front of me got over, that I saw those blasted construction cones. As I inched closer and closer, I saw five construcation workers. One was pushing a wheelbarrel thing, one one throwing water or something out of a paint can and the other three were just standing there. Tough work, huh? Three lights later I saw what they were actually doing. The guy pushing the wheelbarrel thing was repainting the cross walk and the paint can lady was throwing white dust on the paint. You're probably thinking, why is Vicki complaining, crosswalks are just two lines? Yeah, no. For some odd reason, this crosswalk has the diagonal lines on it, just in case people couldn't see the two lines. How stupid do they think we are? Honestly! Do we really need crosswalks?
Most people know that they have to stop before the traffic signal so they aren't in the intersection and the pedestrians cross in front of the cars. I know that the common sense level has hit an all new low. So maybe these new dumb people need more lines to see crosswalks. I don't know why the rest of the country has to suffer just because of these dumb people. You'll hear more about my annoyance of people who lack common sense and courtesy in another blog. It's just too long of a subject for me to deal with right now. Why can't construction workers work at night? I've seen them out there with big lights and stuff before. I think it would help ease daytime traffic jams. Just my opinion.

2 Comments:

Blogger KristenMay said...

Darn tootin lady! I have to say though that if they did more construction work at night I'm sure they would get paid time and a half and that's just too much. I still say they should put all the workers from each project on one or maybe two jobs at a time. Wouldn't that make more sense? More people = more road completed? I guess I'm just crazy!

11:25 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

That makes sense in a logical world but we all know there is no logic when it comes to this world.

11:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home