Is something bothering you? There's definitely something that's bothering me. This is my beef, what's yours?

Monday, February 05, 2007

At the Carwash

All of this crazy salt is really taking it's toll on my car. So, yesterday I decided to suck it up and go to get my car washed. I figured, hey, it's warm enough, my car won't turn into an ice ball. I think it deserved a cleaning.

I pulled up to the good ole Jiffy Lube and decided to treat my car to an inside cleaning as well. The kid who was working told me that I could have a complimentary air freshener with my carwash, so naturally I agreed and decided to go with a nice Cherry scent. I handed over my keys to the kids who worked there and was on my merry way into the Jiffy Lube, when I realized that I had left my phone in the car. Damn. I decided to stand outside in the wind and watch them vaccuum my car. I totally felt like a middle aged woman, watching the workers vaccuum my car. At least I wasn't standing over their shoulders telling them that they missed a spot. What were they going to do? Make long distance calls?

After cleaning the inside, they drove the car into the wash. Now, as a kid I used to love to go to the car wash. It was like you were taking a bath in a bubble. What? I remember as a kid, my younger brother would get scared of the car wash. My mom would have to hold his hand the whole time. I don't know why he was so scared. Maybe he thought that he was going to drown. Oh, no! The car is getting cleaned! He he he. The sad thing about this paticular car wash is that you don't get to sit in your car while it's being washed. The Jiffy Lube guys drive it in and then get out of the car after it is set on it's little conveyor belt. So that sucks. On the plus side, you can watch your car getting washed from inside the building. I don't know who thought up this design. I mean, who wants to watch their car get washed? Me, that's who. It's surprisingly entertaining. Have you ever done it? Well, then don't knock it.

Where the hell am I going with this? Oh yeah, so my car was done. It was all cleaned and towel dried. I got to my car, sat down and took a deep breath in to smell the delightful cherry air freshener only to be disappointed with a disgusting smell that was reminiscent of dirty shoes. I looked all over the place for my cherry air freshener. I thought that they were going to give me one of those little tree ones that hang from the rear view, but that obviously wasn't the case. I noticed that there were a few wet drops on my passenger seat. I did sort of a tap tap tap and then smelled my hand. Sure enough, it was my cherry deliciousness. Apparently, getting an air freshner meant having a few drops of the scent of your choice poured on your seat and over shadowed by Earl's 10 year old gym shoes. Note to self: do not get the complimentary air freshner again, it will only make your car smell worse. Luckily, I happened to have an air freshener in my center console so I could breathe on the way home.

I was all happy for my clean car. I just wanted to drive it all over the place, but I had dinner plans, so I had to go home and get ready, but I'll get to drive it on Sunday and everyone on the expressway will be so jealous that I could actually see out of my windows. Did that happen? Of course not. This is me we're talking about. It ended up snowing on Saturday night. The salt trucks were in full force and the dirty, nasty, salty snow defiled my clean car. I should have known better not to wash my car in the winter. I just thought that this time would be different. I was wrong and my car and my sense of smell paid dearly for my mistake. Blast.

2 Comments:

Blogger KristenMay said...

See, thats why you just don't wash your car in the winter. Just let the salt eat all the paint off. Mmm... I bet you really liked the Eau de Earl scent!

9:40 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

You know, with my plastic car...I probably don't have to worry about rust. And no, I didn't like the scent, it was pretty damn aweful. I actually drove around with my windos open for a while.

9:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home