Go Home People
Lately I haven't been beefing to my full potential. There hasn't really been beefs written out of anger. I have good news for all of you beef lovers...my anger is back! I have three words for you RUSH HOUR TRAFFIC.
We all know how much I disliked my last job. Or if you didn't know, let me just say that I would rather stick a fork in my eye than have to go back there again. I am so lucky to have gotten out of there and also to receive a gift that I've wanted for four years, a 9-5 job. I feel just like Dolly Parton! The only problem with "workin 9-5" is that everyone and their mother works the same damn hours. I currently work about five minutes from my previous job. Mind you, I don't live close to work. In fact, when I used to work 10-7:30 it would take me a cool 50 minutes to an hour to drive one way. Now, like I said, I work 5 minutes away from my last job, guess how long it takes me to get home? (Go on. Guess. Are you frightened? I won't hurt you. Guess. Got your number? Ok, you may read on.)
It takes me 1 and 45 minutes to 2 hours to get home!!! I get off of work 2 1/2 hours earlier than I did at my other job and I'm only getting home 1 1/2 earlier. My day is just about the same length as it was when I worked 10 1/2 hours. I work 8 hours! How is this fair? I never in my life have sat it traffic this many days in a row. I may just lose it! In fact, I did lose it!
This past Monday I was driving to work, it was as slow as usual. Just let me tell you, when I hit a patch of road that actually moves, I swerve around like a bat out of hell. I was driving recklessly and was stopped at a light. I'm in the right turn lane, looking to the left, trying to find a pocket in on-coming traffic. There it is, a pocket. I start to go, when BANG, I hit the guy in front of me. Where the hell did this guy come from? I could have sworn that he had already turned. Luckily, I caused no damage to his car, being a SUV. All I did was hit his trailer hitch thing. I caused a little damage to my car. You can see a perfect square where I hit my bumper and license plate to the hitch. If it had been all bumper, I probably would have to get a whole new one. I finally know the reason I have a license plate, to protect my plastic bumper. I have to replace the foam absorber between my car and bumper. That's going to cost me a cool $160. It did open my eyes to my reckless driving. Now I know that I'm driving reckless. And admitting to a problem is the first step.
I'm sure there will be many blogs to come on the topic of traffic. Hell, I spend about 4 hours of my day sitting in it. I sort of feel like I should write it in my calendar. 6:30- Wake up, eat breakfast, 7-9 sit in traffic, 9-5-work, 5-7 sit in traffic like an asshole, 7-? watch tv until I pass out, wake up, brush teeth, go to sleep--and do it all over again tomorrow! That is if it's a week day. Loverboy said it when they sang the words "Everybody's working for the weekend." What they didn't mention was how much of a bitch the week really is!

4 Comments:
Hahahahahaha! I'm sorry to laugh at you its just that I had to deal with damn crappy traffic for so long while no one else was and now its just so damn funny. Just be grateful that you weren't driving 90 everyday during the summer long (and then some) tollway construction project from like O'Hare to Elgin. 3 hours those days. But I do feel bad because it does suck but you find ways to entertain yourself. Like finally calling back certain people. Or people watching. My favorite was trying to spot the same cars I would see almost everyday and trying to be their friends.
3:35 PM
You are not sorry to laugh at me. You will probably never have to deal with traffic this bad while you're living in that new state of yours. You love being able to torment me. I'd do the same thing if I were you.
3:38 PM
HA! St. Pois! I forgot about that name!
3:38 PM
yeah i feel for ya man.. i have been driving the 45 minute route on the back roads from rockford to crystal lake for 4 yrs now.. if i take 90 its about the same.. but in the backroads i can make up a game like im being chased by the cops or something.. then i see a car that just might be a cop .. then i slowdown for real then i realize its just a car that looks like the cops and ... oh shit.. supernanny is needed ill finish this later! yeah drivings a bitch! see.. i get to rush to work to change poo diapers!
9:57 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home