Is something bothering you? There's definitely something that's bothering me. This is my beef, what's yours?

Monday, October 10, 2005

Damn Sports

I haven't had a a set tv night in a while. This season I've designated Mondays as my tv night. I watch Arrested Development, Kitchen Confidential, Prison Break and CSI:Miami. I really enjoy thse shows. Arrested Development is just awesome. I was ready to sit down and watch them and I got a phone call. My sister was all like "what are you doing?" and I was like "getting ready to watch Arrested Development" and then she was all "it's not on tonight." What! Why isn't it on?
Oh, I'll tell you why. It the playoffs for baseball and apparently the fifteen sports channels available on basic cable just aren't enough to broadcast the games. Don't get me started on Comcast Digital Cable or Direct TV, etc they have even more sports channels. Why do the networks feel it necessary to block out regular tv to bring in a game? I guess if it was the Cubs playing I wouldn't have minded as much...but as we all know the Cubs will never make it to the playoffs again in our lifetime.
I got to watch CSI because it was on a different channel. So after it was over, I changed back to Fox to watch The Simpsons and guess what, it isn't on. Oh yeah, baseball is one of those sports that doesn't have a time limit, so after three hours, they are only in the 7th inning. Once again, I have to miss a show. Now my life doesn't depend on watching tv, but I do like to see a show every once in a while and I just don't like it when I can't watch it because there is a stupid game on. Now the only thing I can't do is bitch about it on my blog. At least it's something.

3 Comments:

Blogger KristenMay said...

WOO HOO White Sox!

10:23 PM

 
Blogger KristenMay said...

But yes, I hate that sports interrupt normal sceduling. Baseball is the one sport that does that all the time. Football at least has designated times and dates during its season. I guess basketball playoffs interrupt things too but they usually put that on channels that don't bother me. Stupid sports.

10:25 PM

 
Blogger KristenMay said...

WRITE A NEW BLOG ALREADY!!!!

10:44 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home