What the Shit!?!
SoI got my pay stub today for a check that has been long anticipated. I put in a lot of hours last week and from my calculations I had at least 17 hours over time. I got my check and was utterly disappointed. Of course, I had a shitload of money taken out for taxes but I could have sworn that the check would have been a tad higher. I went back and looked at my hours just to make sure I wasn't making my numbers up. Sure enough they snubbed me on three hours of overtime. Now, I'm not usually one to make a fuss over money but I thought "hey, I worked these hours, I should be paid for them." I mean am I right?
I went to the payroll guy and asked him about my check. I really hated asking him to recalculate just to make sure he's doing his job correctly, but had I not done it today, I never would have done it. Then, I'd be obsessing over it for the next few days- and honestly, who wants that? He started adding it up and it seemed like his number were off. Say I worked an eight and a half hour day, he was only counting it as eight. So, like a jackass, I asked him about that. He explained to me that for people who work over eight hours solid, they deducted a half hour for lunch from their pay check. But if you work two shorter shifts adding up to eight hours or above, the break is a paid one. In essence if you're a hard worker, you get shafted. What the shit!?!

2 Comments:
See that's how "the man" brings you down!
12:31 AM
DAMN THE MAN!!!!
12:42 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home