Is something bothering you? There's definitely something that's bothering me. This is my beef, what's yours?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Don't drive...fly...with Metra...or something like that

I had a class downtown today and decided I didn't want to drive. For once. I thought, I'll use public transportation and maybe save a few bucks on gas. There are only a few Metra trains that stop at my station, one that left at 5:34 and the next the left around 6:30. I wasn't sure how long it would take me to get down there so I took the earlier train. That means I had to get up by 4:15, so I could leave at 5:00. That is just wrong. So, I got to the station, bought a round trip ticket and boarded the train. It was actually kind of nice to be able to spend the entire trip relaxing. I even read a few chapters of my text book.
After the Metra, I hopped on the blue line. It only took like 20 minutes to get to my class building from there. I was actually an hour early to something. So, I went to Caribou Coffee. As I sat there drinking my Turtle Mocha and thinking about how nice it was to take the train, I realized...I actually spent more money on the two trains and the coffee than I would have spent had I drove. How wrong is it that I would actually save money utilizing the horrid $3.00/ gallon gas than public trans? Just to add icing to this bitter money guzzling cake...I got back to the train station to find a parking ticket on my car.
So, to recap, it took me twice as long and cost twice as much as driving. Will I do it next week? Probably. I don't want to have to sit in stop and go traffic. Pfff

6 Comments:

Blogger KristenMay said...

If you drove you could have let out some of that gas you were holding in. But the it wouldn't been as funny to me!

11:09 AM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

I don't know where the hell the train to down town goes. You act like I've taken public transportation a lot. Sorry Lo. My car CAN make it in and out of the city. Maybe you could help me train lady.

Kris, you just love making fun of me in akward situations.

11:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a conspiracy!! maybe if you had alcohol it would be all worth it!! you could drink.. yet not have to drive!! think about that one next time!!!

9:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh yeah vicki its me jenn, kris got me started on this blog thing today!! i have been online all day!!!!!!!!! ahh!

9:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok me again..like i said been online all day.. ok so you got a saturn! ive had a saturn for 4 3/4 years! i dont have a name for my saturn.. and you know they arent supposed to dent ..yeah mine has a golf ball dent.. is yours a boy car or a girl car? mines a girl car... i dont have a name for her yet.... hey! i heard if you talk nice to your saturn they last longer.. so keep that in mind! and dont drink and drive! hehe

10:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok so its me again.. yes i have too much free time this weekend..check out my kick ass blog! anywho i was reading you eagle man comments vicki.. remember when eagle man laid an egg. but he was still eagle man.. that always made me think.. didnt only girl eagles lay eggs? hmm?

3:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home