Is something bothering you? There's definitely something that's bothering me. This is my beef, what's yours?

Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Self Serve

I've notice in the last few months that just about everything these days is becoming self serve. From butter for your popcorn to a grocery store check out line. The only thing that was self serve when I was younger, was gas. You had to make sure you pulled up to the self serve lane, otherwise some nice young man would come out, pump your gas, check your oil and clean your windows. Did that cost extra? Cause if it didn't, I don't know why we didn't do it. Don't get me wrong, I like certain self serve things, but when given the choice I think I would rather have someone else do it. I mean, isn't that what they're getting paid for?
I do like the self serve line at the grocery store. It's kind of fun scanning items and stuff. Not to mention, the line usually moves faster than the regular one. Unless you're behind someone who doesn't know how to use it. Honestly, if you don't know how to use it, don't go in the line! I was at Jewel a couple of weeks ago and there were two sets of people having trouble in the check out line. They actually had employees helping them out. What's the point of that? If you're going to have an employee helping you, might as well have them scan and bag your items. It would save the rest of us many headaches. Seriously, if you're too stupid to follow the step by step instructions on how to scan and bag items, maybe you should just kill yourself. If you ask me, that scanning lady talks way too much. There should be an accellerated check out line for those of us who aren't retarded. Ok, maybe not retarded just technologically challenged. Oh hell, it's just easier to say retarded.
I guess the conclusion that I've come to in my rant is this: self serve is good, full service is better but when in a hurry self serve is the way to go; that is unless you're behind an asshole that has no clue what the hell they are doing! Ok, just go with full serve, it doesn't cost anything and you can talk about the person who helped you. It's a win win situation!

3 Comments:

Blogger KristenMay said...

I think in a world of self serve we should really go back to full service gas stations. I hate pumping gas for some reason. Especially in the winter when its freezing and its late and all you want to do is go home. Maybe thats what I should do. Open a full service gas station.

9:05 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

If you do open a gas station, I'm only going to get gas from there. No more getting your hands dirty from the pump. I don't know what some people do before they pump gas, but it's gross.

9:08 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

So, I guess what I'll have to do is get a husband. I guess that's easy enough!

8:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home