Carnival Anyone?
It's summer time once again...you know what that means...parking lot carnivals! Ok, I have to admit that I have never visited a carnival in a parking lot...I'm probably in the minority. Honestly, who visists parking lot carnivals? Isn't the point of a parking lot, to park cars? Who came up with the concept?
There was probably a guy somewhere that bought a collapsible tilt-a-whirl for his own amusement. He was sitting on it, whirling himself around and thought...how can I share the joy of this tilt-a-whirl with others and make a pretty penny on the side. The guy sat and whirled, whirled and sat and finally it came to him. He had a brother that owned a Piggly Wiggly, surely he would offer up part of his parking lot to the guy's tilt-a-whirl. And thus the parking lot carnival was born.
I don't know why carnies can't have their carnival in a feild or something comepletely out of my way. I know, it's not all about me, but I'm sure if you were to ask anyone who has to drive in the vicinity of the carnival, they would be in aggreeance. Who goes to carnivals now anyways? Why not go to a fair? It sounds so much more exciting. Hey, I'm going to the fair everybody! There is good food at the fair...leave it to me to know about food. Plus, there are songs about a fairs...a fair is a fair is a smorgaasbord smorgaasbord smorgaasabord; are you going to Scarbourough Fair. Parsley Sage Rosemary and Tyme...need I go on? I know, you can argue with songs about carnivals...but I'm not going to listen. Ok, the song thing is very nerdy of me to write but I'm not taking it out of my blog. DEAL WITH IT!
I guess I just think that people should stop going to carnivals, because honestly, the rides aren't that good, the food is blah, carnies are scary, and there is a good chance that a ride will collapse while you're on it. It you're seeking the thrill of a ride, shell out the money for Great America or something. At least there won't be a great chance that your child will run away with a carnie. And that's my two cents.

1 Comments:
Uh yeah so I'm not really that big on parking lot carnivals but hey, its some place parents can take there kids for a somewhat cheap time. And yes, you are a dork for putting those songs in there. But at least you finally wrote a new blog!!
10:59 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home