Take that Wii!
I have decided that with the lack of Nintendo Wiis that I would just go back in time and play regular Nintendo. Like the original one. Yeah, crazy. I didin't have an original Nintendo of mine own because my older brother sold it to a "guy he knew" and came back with a Super Nintendo the same day. Luckily, a friend of mine was going to sell her original Nintendo on Ebay and I snuck in her house and stole it. Hey, she was going to get rid of it anyways. Ok, I'm lying, I didn't steal it. I took it, with the promise of giving her money for it at a later date. Basically, stealing.
I thought I would try my hand at playing the Adventures of Link or something like that. It's not the Legend of Zelda, I think it's the one after it. Does it matter? So, I never played Zelda as a kid cause I just didn't get it. I knew that you had to go around and talk to people and that you would ocassionally get attacked by some weird creatures while walking in the forest, but it just had too much freedom. What? I don't have to keep going to the right? I was used to Mario where you just kept moving on level to level. Anywhoosle, I plugged Nintendo in to my tv, pressed the power button and what do I see? A plethora of pixelated colors. I hit reset. Nothing new. Now I had to use the old timey Nintendo trick. I took the game out blew into the cartridge and put it back in. I turned it back on. It was better but still not 100%. So, I took the game out again, blew into the cartridge, blew into the system, put the game back in and was in business. I am utterly determined to beat Legend of Zelda.
I played for about two hours and decided to call it a night. I realized that there was a familiar pain in my left thumb. I looked for a scratch or bruise but there was nothing there. Then it dawned on me. I have once again gotten gamers thumb. Those old school Nintendo controllers aren't rounded off for ultimate comfort. I don't think that the creators expected people to play them as much. What the hell do I know?
I'll keep you guys posted on my Zelda progress. (Not that you really give a shit, it just gives me something to blog about.) I may be side tracked by Mike Tyson's Punchout. That is if I don't get outbid on Ebay. How crazy is that? People are still selling games from a system that came out in the eighties. I'm not going to complain.

2 Comments:
I guess you really can find anything on ebay! So, I am so coming over to play some Mario Bros.! Oh man, thats better than Adam and I getting excited about playing Nintendo 64 even though we have Xbox and P2. We're sad, sad people.
10:23 PM
No, I think we're just nostalgic. There's nothing like playing Mario on a cold winter's night. Or a rainy day. Or a gorgeous sunny day. Whatever. I just love video games.
10:25 PM
Post a Comment
<< Home