Is something bothering you? There's definitely something that's bothering me. This is my beef, what's yours?

Monday, February 05, 2007

Brrr, it's cold in here!

How about that weather outside? Is it cold enough for you? I just love it when someone says that. One of these days I'm going to turn to them and just say no, and proceed to tell them all about how my ice cream cone still managed to melt all over my new winter coat. What would you say to that? Honestly?

It was so cold today that we had two sprinkler pipes break at work. Luckily, it was in a unit that was vacant, but still, that's going to be a hell of a clean up job. Because it was a sprinkler pipe that broke, it forced our emergency system to go off and then the fire alarm system went off. Picture it, if you will, trying to answer phones while there is an AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA AAAA going off. It sounded like a goose in labor. I know, geese lay eggs, but if they were to ever have a live birth, this is what it would sound like. Add that to the seizure enducing strobe light and the constant ring of the fire alarm and your set for a party. I would have hated to be one of our callers today. We were getting annoyed at people on the phone, like it was their fault. Ok, at least I was. Didn't they know that we were in the middle of something?

Trying to get a plumber into the office today was an utter nightmare. There was one plumbing company that called us and said "If this is a plumbing emergency, take a number." Needless to say, we didn't hire them. The fireman responded to their alarm and were kind enough to help us turn off the water to stop the sprinkler spray. This posed a bit of a problem. How were we supposed to go to the bathroom? There's nothing worse than being cold and having to go to the bathroom.

I made it through the day. I just hope that the water will be on by the time I get to work tomorrow. Maybe I'll eat a lot of toast in the morning...just in case.

2 Comments:

Blogger KristenMay said...

That sounds dirty... your pipes broke.

9:08 PM

 
Blogger KristenMay said...

New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog! New blog!

4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home