Is something bothering you? There's definitely something that's bothering me. This is my beef, what's yours?

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

I Flied? No You Falled!

If you haven't gueesed it, today blog is about falling. I was at work today and I had to train a new employee. I basically talked though everything I was doing, showed him where everything was, etc. We had to get some ice cream from the freezer and I was of course talking to him. I had no clue that there was ice on the ground. (I missed the yellow caution sign) I totally slipped and fell hard on my ass. It was one of those falls that happened in slow motion. I slipped, saw my hands fly up in the air, then came my left leg and I was down for the count. It could have been much worse, I could have hit something other than my ass on the way down. It is so embarassing to fall right in front of the new guy. So much for those damned non-slip shoes I have to wear. Don't get me wrong I've fallen a lot of times but when no one was around. It doesn't seem to matter that much when no one sees it. It the opposite of what kids do. When we were little and we fell, if someone saw it we would cry but if no one caught it we would just get back up again. Now when we fall, we get up as quickly as we can and pretend like we're ok, only to find out later that our entire body hurts and we contemplate calling in to work the next day. I know that if I was that guy, I wouldn't be able to wait to get home to tell people that I saw a jackass wipe out. Oh well, I guess I'll be the butt of his jokes for a while. A very sore butt might I add.

2 Comments:

Blogger KristenMay said...

Oh, I'm so thankful that I have a good imagination and totally saw that happen to you as I read it. That brought a little sunshine into my day.

9:07 PM

 
Blogger Vicki Kunz said...

Well I'm glad that I could just make everyone's day. I was trying to be as desciptive as I could so you could picture the incident.

9:27 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home